Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Begging and Pleading

Tonight was begging my mom and dad to let me e-enroll at Calvin because i know that's where i want to go. My mom was shocked because she didn't know that i wanted to do it, since I've been telling people I'm not sure yet. She's been telling everyone that I'm going there. i haven't done the Point Loma interview yet and i don't even want to go there. I'm not saying that Point Loma is a bad school (Jillian), it's a great school, but i really don't feel that its for me. When i went to Point Loma for a volleyball game, i felt out of place and felt like a child there. When i went to Calvin, everyone welcomed me and i felt like i was part of them and that i belonged there. I haven't been telling people that Calvin is where I'm going because i feel weird telling everyone until its official. I feel that if i haven't committed to a school, i can't say that I'm going there because things could change. Yes, things could change even if i say that I'm going to Calvin, but i want to start planning the part of my future that i can at this point. My dad doesn't want me to do it because if they see that I'm already planning on going to Calvin, they might not give me as many scholarship money. I don't think that they would look at that but he won't let me do it. Its really frustrating. I haven't even started my homework. I'd better get to it.

Sarah

7 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Calvin...What's the deal with Michigan?

Sarah said...

its not Michigan... its Calvin. Its an awesome school.

Padfoot240 said...

I still dunno where I want to go.

Jillian said...

I know what you are saying, and at the same time I don't get it. This whole topic is a little frustrating.

cristina said...

yay calvin!
e-enroll is fun!
dew it hahaha peer pressure!
haha, just joking
calvin will always be there for ya :)

rebekah said...

I'm pretty much the same: I tell everyone I don't know where I'm going because it seems like too much of a commitment, but I too will probably end up at Calvin.

Except I don't want to enroll yet.

Fear of commitment. Hmmmmm. . .

shizdog said...

Yeah I know what you're saying about Calvin. Like when I was visiting Biola and HIU, I loved the campus and everything but I just got this feeling like "this isn't for me." And then I went to Calvin and I was like WHOA. I totally fit in here.

But don't stress the EEEEEeenrollment thing too much cuz it's not like the school's going to all of a sudden change their mind. I just wanna find out if I got accepted to MOSAIC!!!
EEEEEEK!